<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

the good news 

ok, well i've been whining about my laptop so much lately, i guess i should really mention the good news:

1) my computer can actually recognize the HD and its partitions (~10 GB each). Last time (2 years ago) the HD crashed, it couldn't even find the HD (totally dead)
2) upon powering on, my computer finds Windows 2000 (it finds c:\winnt) and tries to load it (last time, when i tried to turn it on, all it said was "Operating System not found).
3) worse comes to worst- I have a 10-day-old copy of the entire HD on TSM. and *all* my research data is already backed up on Narvaez. all my e-mails are also on my desktop at home. the system state data was backed up 2 months ago, but i believe i can get a more recent one using restore in ConfigSafe. furthermore, i don't recall installing any new programs in the past few months.

but here's the even better news:
- i am not dead. :)
- i am not deathly ill (or at least not aware of being such). yeah, my stomach has been hurting a great deal these past few days, but i'd take that anyday over things like leukemia, a brain tumor, or not being able to walk.
- the weather is perfect here (today it was sunny, must have been 65 degrees).
- my abs (and back, legs, etc) are having a blast with this new pilates classes that my mom introduced me to (i'm going tomorrow as well)
- i am continuing to have a blast studying japanese! i never get sick of it, it's so interesting and so much fun.
- i am getting to spend time with my family (first time home in 10 months). tonight we had dinner at my tia nora's house...since tio julio and danny were not there for the most part, it was the just the 5 of us women, eating, talking and laughing over the most *hilarious* things..it was great!!!
- and last, but certainly not least: i have michael, the cutest, sweetest guy in the world!!!! ;-)

Note that NONE of these above things mentioned my laptop, research/career, or money in general. that actually wasn't done on purpose..interesting. so basically what's really important are your health, your loved ones, and just doing things that you like to do (oh, and good weather would be nice.) ;-)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6