<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 15, 2003

LAPTOP UPDATE : i called Hitachi this evening (Friday) and it turns out i can get this thing called "advance exchange" in which they send me the new hard drive first, and then i have to send the old defective one, in the same packaging. all they have to do is take my credit card # so i promise to rerturn it. i now remember that this is exactly what i did last time (though i did it thru ibm, cuz it was a separate company back then)

anyways, for dinner today Michael and I had this $2 chicken corn chowdah from Star Market..it was de-licious! i only decided to buy it cuz it was $1.00 off (expired on Nov 15) and i thought it was too late to cook anything (we ended up eating around 9). michael thought it looked good, and so he got one as well. we both agreed it was excellent-much better than those soups you get in building 4 (watered-down, etc) or stuff from a can.

and in terms of research, last night (Thurs night) and this morning (Fri) i was up late working on a first draft of my iedm presentation. it was such a pain the rear since i had to use Michael's computer to recover all the TSM files that i needed (for some reason, it wouldn't work on my desktop (Win98) or on Narvaez (lab downstairs).

p.s. today i did the lamest thing..i locked myself out of my office. it sucked cuz my house keys and bike keys were also in there, so i had to call the MIT polic right away to let me in. they cop was really nice though, before he unlocked my office he was commenting on the video games on our floor of building 39, and how we had the weirdest elevator.. (have to agree there)

p.p.s. today was friggin' COLD. about 3 C (whatever that is in fahrenheit). it was windy too, biking was super-difficult.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6