<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

busy day.. 

ok, well today was a busy day, even though i got zero research work done! :( thing is, i spent a lot of time going to doctor's appointments. let's see, after i woke up, i ate breakfast and went to Russian class. After getting a coffee at LaVerde's (mocha decaf, which tasted excellent), i then went to Ashdown since my office was literally FREEZING (apparently there was a heating problem in Building 39). awful since today was especially cold (i think it was -18 C w/o windchill). So, after spending about an hour or so in Ashdown talking to Michael (he's was having issues with his cell phone minutes at T-mobile) we had lunch around 1:30. Then soon after i had to go since at 2:30 i had my appoinment with the gastroenterologist. He basically said that i should get another blood test to check if i'm producing iron properly (apparently the previous blood test 6 days ago checked my iron stores only). also since 2 of the 3 test turned out negative there's not enough reason to do a biopsy of my small intestine. but he also said that if the new test (for iron) abnormal, then i might consider getting a biopsy, since it would indicate that something actually is going on with my iron absorption. eek. a biopsy doesn't sound too great, but whatever works.

anyway, right after that i went to see a chiropractor, near central square. she was really great..spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was going on with me. she noticed that was a bit flat-footed, which affected my walk. she said that playing DDR might not have been what caused it..since i have crappy posture and i jog a lot (admittedly, w/o stretching beforehand) it could be that my lower back muscles were always straining, but it never caused me pain until now. argh. i should have listened to my parents ("sit up straight!) and michael ("aren't you going to stretch before we jog?")..i guess i really paid the price now. argh. well hopefully i can recover soon. i guess i'm glad it happened to me now (at 25) so i can correct for it in the future.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6