<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

despite the fact that i had a drink last night, i felt surprisingly good this morning when i woke up (7am). here's a summary of my day (so far).

Pilates - i totally got my ass kicked (in a good way, of course). Whoever says that Pilates is not "a real workout" needs to be dragged out into the street and.. (well, ok..maybe not *shot,* but possibly punched in some manner). :) Seriously, when i'm done (in 2 weeks) i expect abs/thighs/buns of steel!

Research - The rest of this morning was spent coding in MATLAB. Fun, fun, fun. I actually don't mind it that much. And I really should go to the lab and find that missing part i need (a gold BNC - SMA connector) but i'm having to much fun with matlab (scary...).

Swimming - that was great. Got to use those "flipper" things that scuba divers use. It was hella fun, you can go super fast with those things. When you take them off, your feet feel really small (kind of like when you take your skis off after a day on the slopes). Anyway, that was a good workout too. I quickly scuffled home and ate the rest of my asparagus soup and my almond-coconut custard (sounds strange, but they were great. i'm glad i'm finally able to make good food). Oh, and I ate the most AMAZING protein bar i had ever tasted..it's Pria "Carb Select", in Cookies & Caramel flavor. I was like "oh my god" after the first bite. It has caramel in it, but i think what made it taste amazing was the dark chocolate. I swear, it tasted just like a candy bar (surely better, i probably have eaten like three "real" candy bars in my entire life, and i don't remember them tasting that great).

More Research - still am trying to find a good algorithm to find the length (such as full-width half-maximum) of a recess, using my SEM images. Matlab is starting to annoy me..earlier it had told me that the "+" and "-" functions are not defined for 8-bit integers (they have to be "double"). whatever!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6