<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

how i learned to stop the SPAM 

ok, so my theory about my email turned out to be correct: since for the past 2.5 years (ever since i've been at MIT) i have had all my athena email (anita7@mit) forwarded to my MTL account (anita7@mtl.mit), there have been a few inconveniences/annoyances that i have noticed. First of all, since MTL changed something on their server, i could no longer check my email using things like Yahoo or Hotmail. I couldn't use WebMail, since it didn't stay on the server once it was forwarded. And the other weird thing is that I didn't get to enjoy the wonderful SPAM FILTER that came with Athena. Even though I had set up my Eudora filters correctly, it didn't seem to be filtering any spam.

Anyway, so to end the annoyances once and for all, i figured out how to stop forwarding the Athena email. Then I set up my Eudora to use Kerberos, etc to check the Athena account (instead of the MTL one). Finally, i logged into my MTL account and figured out how to forward that email to my Athena account (so now it's the other way around). Well, eventually when i got it all settled, it worked wonderfully...it totally filters out all the spam, and i check it using web-based email accounts. Yay!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6