<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

finally, some work (and some sleep!) 

ok, so the past few days have been pretty insane/hectic, which is why i haven't written in over a week. On Monday (the 24th) I had to do my RQE (Research Qualifying Exam), and so I spent a large portion of the weekend preparing for it and making my slides. Monday itself was pretty insane, I was making last-minute edits to my presentation, scrambling around to find a projector (turns out there was a huge big screen TV there, so I didn't need one). It was also raining pretty hard (w/ thunder & lightning and the whole deal) and on my way to my office from SP I ended up getting my dry-clean only pants from Banana Republic totally drenched (of course, it only started pouring when i was walking outside).

After the exam (it took about an hour and a half in total) Michael & I went out for dinner at India Pavilion. Man, that place is so great. It's a far walk (near Western Ave) but it's worth it..the appetizers are so cheap there, and it's really excellent food. Michael & I split a coconut soup (delicious!) and then I had the "Meat Mix" appetizer, which consisted of two chicken pakoras, two fish pakoras, a meat samosa, and something called shami or something (made of lamb). At first I didn't think it would be enough food, but it ended up being fine (i also stole some of Michael's chicken curry dish). He ended up getting the full dinner, which came with chai tea (w/ some sugar, it tastes really good) and a dessert which we ended up splitting (was kulfi, this really tasty Indian ice cream with pistachios and interesting spices.)

That night we went back to Ashdown, and around 10:45 I went to the Z Center to work out (only for 10 min, since it closes at 11). After coming back to Ashdown, Michael and I ended up watching random TV, browsing the net and reading magazines. We stayed up pretty late (i was up till 3!). Weirdly, I woke up at 6:30am on Tuesday, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I just ended up eating breakfast. I tried to sleep again (and tried to make myself fall asleep again), but it was no use, so around 9am I headed into work.

I thought it would go back to SP and nap for a while, but i ended up working straight, from around 9:30am to 2:30pm (i didn't even leave my office!). I was quite surprised that I wasn't tired from just 3 hours of sleep (and not eating for 8 hours), and still had the energy to get a lot of work done.

Around 2:30 MIchael and I walked to the NW area for lunch, and he got some food from Bytes where as I got a $2 salad from the Star Market salad bar. We ended up eating in SP, since it was a bit cold and cloudy outside. We walked back to work and I continued to work, from about 3:30-6pm. I told myself i should take a nap before going to TNT practice, but it was 6pm before i knew it!

Anyway, so around 6pm i put on the Garmin Forerunner (that thing is so cool) and jogged over to the Commons. It was a long way, and i got there barely at 6:30. We ended up jogging along Tremont and Boylston, to the Fens, for a total of about 4.8 miles (so my total was 6.8). At first it was difficult, but after a while it was alright. The whole time I was quite puzzled as to *how* on earth i managed to have this much energy, after working all day and only 3 hours of sleep (and running 2 miles before the practice)!!

When i got back around 8, I went over to Ashdown and made some dinner (MIchael was making an enormous batch of Mashed Potatoes). At that point i started to feel tired, but it was around midnight that I went to sleep. I woke up this morning around 7:30 feeling refreshed (finally!). Although I got up quite early, i've been taking my sweet time to get read (now it's 10:30am, and so I should really get in to work...)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6