<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 02, 2004

i'll be a'running... 

yes, in more ways that one! In about 2 hours i'm going to go run in the 5k Run for Asthma by MGH. I don't think i've done a 5k in that past 10 years or so, so i thought it would be good to do one and see what my time would be. i'm excited.

and yesterday morning i went to a kick-off meeting for Team in Training in Wellesley. It was really amazing, the people there were so nice (the coaches, organizers, mentors) as well as the Honored Heroes (blood cancer survivors), who were really inspiring. There was a 9-year old girl there (with barely any hair, she had just finished her chemotherapy) and she was saying "Thank you" to everyone for joining the program and helping raise money for leukemia.

Anyway, it sort of quelled any doubts i had about signing up for the program (i signed up on Thursday after an info session in Central Square) and it was kind of on a whim. I mean, I had been interested in doing the Nike Women's Marathon in October for a little while, but i when i saw how much money i would have to raise for it ($3,800) I was shocked! There was no way I could raise that amount! That's the main thing that freaks me out now (seriously, the running 26 miles doesn't sound so bad in comparison). I don't know that many people, and I don't know if i could just ask tons of people for money. However, deep down, i just really wanted to do it (i really wanted to do a marathon, and didn't want to do it all by on my own) and plus, if i actually was able to do it (raise $3,800), then that's four grand closer to finding a cure for leukemia! I don't know, I just like being able to do things that everyone says are impossible (like getting into MIT). Well, i hope all goes well with it...

BTW- yesterday night we had our SPEC "thank-you" dinner, at Anthony's Pier 4. That place is amazing!! It's really fancy and it's right on the water. It's perfect..Michael liked it as well. Anyways, the dinner was really great..it was good food (small caesar salad , scallops, lobster bisque, + rice pudding for dessert) and good fun!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6