<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 17, 2004

it's my birthday! 

ok, so today i turn 26. woo-hoo. i'm not sure if i'm supposed to be happy about that or not... :)

So I didn't go in to work today. Instead, i woke up at 6:00am (ok cuz i went to bed around 11am) and around 7am helped set up everything for the "finals kick-off" bagel breakfast in the SP lobby. Although i couldn't eat any of the bagels, i did get some decaf French Vanilla from cafe SP, along with some strawberries.

Anyway, this morning I wanted nothing else but to celebrate with a Belgian waffle with maple syrup, strawberries, and whipped cream. :) Sidney's Grille down the street had something to that tune and it sounded amazing, but I knew that if i would eat it, it would cost me big time (why would i want to spend my birthday in pain & digestive hell?) So Michael suggested that I try to find a restaurant that serves gluten-free or wheat-free waffles or pancakes. Hah-talk about searching for a non-existent needle in a haystack. After an hour of deliberating and google-searching, we found nothing. So around 9 we went to Star Market to purchase the ingredients for such waffles (eggs, etc).

So i tried making said waffles myself (using wheat-free flour - almond flour, oat flour, and soy protein powder), but somehow they became screwed up in the waffle iron (they totally stuck to the iron, and they looked really eggy). I was so pissed (and starving, by then it was like 10am and no breakfast). So I ended up re-doing it and making pancakes instead, which turned out pretty good (Michael said it was one of the best breakfasts he's had in a while). Yay!

So after that, we went out and got the Zipcar again, and headed off towards the Gap Outlet in the Arsenal Mall. However, when we got there, I realized that I didn't have the $15 off coupon that I had recieved in the mail for my birthday. We turned back but when we got back to SP, i couldn't find it there either!! I guess it must have slipped from my hand on the way to the Green St. Garage. Argh! I was really pissed because not only had I lost the coupon, but by going back and forth and searching for it, we had wasted essentially an hour of the Zipcar time (we had to return it by 1:30, and by then it was around noon).

We then decided that with our remaining time to go to Castle Island (since I had been there and I really liked it, I wanted Michael to see it). When we got there, Michael really liked it and we extended our reservation for another hour. We walked along the beach (it was great weather, not too hot) for while before heading back. I think we should go back there some other time, around sunset and maybe have a picnic or something. That would be great!

And when we got back, we had lunch at this cool place called Bytes, in the biotech courtyard. Only reason we went there was because we saw this sign for it by SP and saw how cheap the prices were ($4-$7 a plate). When we finally found it, we were surprised to see how small it was (it was a really small take-out counter). The guy that worked there was so nice..he was telling us that the place just became open to the public last month (hence us not hearing about it). He gave us a sample of tuna salad on a pita, and Michael ended up getting it (i got Chicken kabob w/ rice and salad). Anyways, our food was very tasty, and we were so glad to have found a cheap, good place to eat near SP (Passports, the restaurant in SP, is quite on the expensive side, and hasn't been open at convenient times lately).


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6