<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

good day! 

ok so yesterday we had two visitors from Mitsubishi (all the way from Japan!) come over to our lab. They had just come from an RF conference in Texas, and I guess since they were in the same hemisphere they might as well come visit us. So after showing them the lab downstairs, they gave their talks (about class F & inverse-class F amplifiers) and then we went to Legal Seafoods for lunch. I had the usual (tortilla, apple, and goat cheese salad with scallops) and it was really good, despite the fact that it didn't come with the dressing on the side, like i had asked (i wasn't going to wait another 15 minutes for another one!). Their coffee was good too!

Soon after lunch (we didn't get back until ~2:30), i gave my (very long!) presentation to them, sort of an update of my research in the past 6 months. I had 39 slides, and we stopped several times in between to discuss certain things (i even had to go in my folders and pull up some Excel sheets with some data) so it took about an hour and a half! Then Melinda gave her presentation (which was shorter) but took about an hour for the same reasons. By the time Joerg ended with his short presentation (15 min) it was past 5:30! We were about to head off to Union Oyster House for dinner, but when we mentioned it to our guests, they informed us that they had just been to that restaurant the night before! I guess it's such a popular restaurant (it's supposedly the oldest restaurant in America) that everyone tends to go there when they come visit here.

Anyways, as an alternative, I suggested the Blue Room (Niamh had mentioned it was supposed to be good, and I had heard good things about it), and we ended up going with that. Good thing, because the place was great (and expensive!). I ended up ordering a green pea soup & ham for appetizer ($6), Maryland soft shell crabs ($22) and then bamboo coconut & rice pudding ($6 for dessert). We also ordered a few bottles of white wine with our meal..my favorite was this white wine from Alsace in France, I can't really rememember what it was called but i remember what the label looked like...it was so delicious! Usually i'm not into drinking wine in general (especially white wine, i tend to like the sweeter stuff) but this was excellent!) I hope that I can go there with Michael someday, to celebrate a special occasion or something.

So I didn't get back till around 9:15 pm or so, to which i went over to Ashdown and told Michael all about it. He's so great to talk to, and so funny and sweet. Spending time laughing & chatting with him is the perfect way to end a good day!!

P.S. the only non-good part of my day was the fact that my leg muscles were still acting up. I'm still taking the ibuprofen & malic acid (suggested by Michael's dad) and it seems to be helping, but i kept getting muscles cramps in my upper legs. This morning i'm still getting some of that, which is worrying...i hope it goes away soon as i want to start running again on the Thursday. Yesterday i didn't wear my special shoes (i was wearing heels, since i had to dress up) and maybe that made a difference.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6