<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 11, 2004

injuries suck! :( 

ok, so i'm taking a few days off from training, since my knees are giving me some grief. i think i just started increasing my mileage too fast, and i didn't always stretch as much as i should. last week i did a total of 20 miles, and i felt exhausted. this week, i didn't go to practice on Tuesday or Thursday (but i did go to the gym 2x)..hopefully i'll be ok to go to practice tomorrow. I'm supposed to run 8 miles, but we'll see about that. i just hope it goes away in a few days. when my back was messed up in January/February, i didn't run for like 2 months (ok, it was also below zero outside).

also, i'm up to almost $1200 in my fundraising for Team in Training! That's basically 2/3 of the minimum i need to raise. I am so amazed at everyone's generosity..people i don't even know are donating $20, $50! Anyways i can't believe i've raised so much money for such a great cause..it's really empowering! Also, i can't believe i actually signed up to run 26.2 miles in ONE DAY...if i'm having a hard time with 20 in one WEEK!! Well, i guess that's what training is for.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6