<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 31, 2004

relaxing day (so far) 

this morning i woke up at 7, but it was ok since i went to bed around 12:30. Plus i wasn' t in a rush to do anything (besides eat breakfast of course). :)

After breakfast i watched "Some Like It Hot" from the SP video library. I wouldn't have chosen to see it on my own, but yesterday evening the deskworker suggested it as a good comedy, so i tried it. Anyway, it was really great! I didn't think I liked old movies, but this one I did. I guess that's because this one was a comedy and not a drama (the dramatic ones, like "It's A Wonderful Life" seem too fake and sappy for my taste). Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis were hilarious (the basic plot is that the two dress up as women to escape getting killed by mobsters). A movie with a similar plot is the British film "Nuns on The Run," which was also very funny. I guess you can't go wrong with the idea of men trying to pass themselves off as women!

Anyway, one thing I noticed from the movie is that Marilyn Monroe is really pretty. No wonder men were obssessed with her! And the interesting thing is, she looks like a size 10. So a size 10 was sexy in 1959. But I guess forty years down the road the media's sex symbols somehow became size 0's (Calista Flockart, Kate Moss, Courtney Cox). Stars (like Kathy Griffin, from "Suddenly Susan") were having plastic surgery to try go from a size 4 to a size 2. Eek! So where did society go wrong here? Who knows. But the good thing is, there are no known "negative sizes" (i.e. once you've hit size 0, there's no size -2 or anything like that). So i guess that's a hard limit (models are already skeletons, so they can't really get any skinnier, can they?)

Well enough of my rambling. :) After the movie I went to the Wellbridge Athletic Alub for a muscle-conditioning class. It was really hard (an hour long)...most of it focused on the upper body (biceps, triceps, shoulders)..basically lifting free weights, body bars. It was a bit hard on the legs (since i had to bend knees when lifting weights) but it didn't seem as bad as running, for example. I did some stretching afterwards, and I also went to the hot tub. It was really nice since no one else was there, and it was really relaxing. That club is so great..it felt cool to be in an exclusive club. In the locker rooms, they have so many amenities, it's insane! The showers each have dispensers for shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel (and they're not just some cheapola Wal-mart brand either; it's this exotic-sounding great-smelling Hawaiian stuff). There's a section of the bathroom with vanity mirrors and hair dryers...and near the sinks they have dispensers for soap, lotion, and even mouthwash (with teeny little cups on the side). They have a dispenser for plastic bags (like they do in the produce section at the grocery store) for you to put swimsuit, etc in (the bags aren't cheap either..they have the club logo on them). All in all, it was a great experience!

Anyway, it's almost six and i should be getting to work. Part of the reason I waited so long is so I could take the SafeRide and not have to walk (my legs are bit weak after this morning's workout). Hopefully I won't be there long though...maybe 1-2 hours at most.

Hmmm..well, actually now that I'm sitting here I'm getting kind of hungry. :P I had lunch at 2:30, so maybe it's the workout? It wasn't a huge lunch. I just started munching some macadamia nuts, but I'm in need of more. Guess it's time for dinner! Work can wait one more hour. :)

Oh yeah, and the cable at SP hasn't been working for at least a day. What's up with that? Hope it gets fixed soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6