<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 06, 2004

well it's been a while since i've posted. So Michael got back from Tuesday morning, but he was really exhausted from the 12-hour overnight bus trip (he ended up not sleeping much). To welcome him back that evening I made him some French Onion Soup. He tried it and he said it was delicious, and gave it 5 stars!! :) I was happy since I've never made onion soup before (i've never even tried it, since I don't really like onions). It turned out to be really easy to make...only took about an hour in all and it seemed to make about 5 servings. Michael really liked the part with all the melted cheese on top (there's tons of it!)

Oh, and on Wednesday (i think) I made crustless sugarless pumpkin pie. Well it's not totally sugarless, there's 2 tablespoons of maple syrup in there, but for the most part it's sweetened with stevia instead of sugar. It turned out pretty good..i think i'm going to make it without a crust from now on. I also didn't have any evaporated milk so i made it with unsweetened soymilk instead. It was a bit more wobbly but it still tasted great! Oh, and I also made wheat-free muffins, and they turned out well. Yay! I'm so glad i'm able to cook things. Back in undergrad, i had no idea what to do with a frying pan or pot..it was just basically eating bagels, sandwiches, cereal + reheating frozen dinners!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6