<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

another good day 

this morning, i went to a greasy spoon across the street for breakfast. scrambled eggs with cheese & onions, and potatoes--greasy, but tasty nonethless (and only $7). i only had four dollars on me, so i tried to pay with my credit card. unfortunately, it turned out the place was cash only. oops... ok now i look dumb. but they weren't rude about it all, they were fine with me dashing across the street to an ATM. ok, that was convenient yet pissing since i had to pay a $2.95 fee for using the generic atm. However, the ATM ended up giving me $60 instead of the $40 that i requested! So i guess in the end I made $17.05 by making a lazy and slightly embarrassing error. :) Funny how that works.

After that, I headed over to the Hilton for a few talks. I was lucky that the ones i saw this time weren't completely full (the ones yesterday had so many people spilling out from the doors, you'd think they'd be trying to get in to see a Britney Spears concert). After those were all over, i went to a Japanese restaurant across the street (Niko Niko sushi) with Cait & Maggie. We all ended up getting bento boxes. I got chicken teriyaki and some kind of sushi. the chicken teriyaki was alright, and the "sushi" was tasty yet really sweet. I put sushi in quotes because it wasn't really, it was just a sweet ball of rice covered with fried tofu. i don't know, maybe there were microscopic bits of raw fish in there, but i sure couldn't see it (or taste it).

After the afternoon sessions and taking care of other stuff, i met up with Teresa in Union Square. I hadn't seen her in a really long time (I think before I came to MIT!) so it was really great to see her again. We ended up going shopping (to Banana Republic, the Gap, Express, Anthropologie), just like old times. :) I ended up getting a carmine-colored sweater at Express (40% off!) and a coral-colored turtleneck at the Gap (also on sale).

After that, I met up with all the MTL folks (Annie, Maggie, Cait, Ingvar, and Liang) to go out to dinner and celebrate (Annie & Ingvar had already given their talks). We ended up going to Japanese restaurant. I ended up having seaweed salad (which was really good) and some beef on a skewer (didn't taste as great as it looked). I also ordered sushi, but it wasn't my fave. For dessert we ended up going to some old 50's diner. It was weird because after being in there for a few seconds i remembered that i had been there once (about 5 years ago) with someone i had dated back in Berkeley. I swear, this trip has brought back so many memories from the past..it's pretty cool. :) Anyway, at this diner (i forgot the name of it) Ingvar was the only one who ordered a real dessert (hot fudge sundae), but he ended up splitting it with the most of us. I had a hot chocolate, which was good but extremely sugary. But that was to be expected, I guess.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6