<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 06, 2005

OMG, an EMG 

this morning i had an EMG (electromyography) test at Mt. Auburn Hospital (to find out more about what an EMG is, go here). Basically, it's not a very pleasant experience...first, electrodes are placed on various places in your body, and pulses of electricity are passed through them (you basically feel like your being shocked..it doesn't feel great). Then, needles are stuck in various places, to check for muscle damage...that part, although painful, wasn't as bad as the shocking. At least though, in the end, the doc said there were no signs of nerve damage, so i guess that's good. i guess i'll have to wait to hear back from the neurologist to see more what's going on.

oh, and today i went to Wellbridge, for the first time in months (i froze my membership for November and December). There were no classes happening at the time I went, so I just stretched and worked out on the elliptical trainer. I also went to the hot tub, which was so amazingly relaxing. I love hot tubs!! I swear, I'm definitely getting a hot tub when i own my own home...it's more crucial to me than a big-screen TV, or a car, even (well, i guess it depends on where I'll end up living). The hot tub is one of the main reasons i decided on Wellbridge (rather than paying $70 every 6 weeks for the Zcenter, which 1) doesn't have a hot tub 2) doesn't have as many classes and 3) gets crowded as hell between 5-7pm). Yeah, the downside is that i have to take the T to Harvard every time i go there (in the winter, at least), but i really like the feel of going to a "real" club (where people have families, jobs, etc), and not just a place where zombie-like students go to cram in their 45 minutes of studying on stationary bike.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6