<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

coincidences 

at lunch today, for some reason we were on the topic of MTL summer picnics, and Andy Fan mentioned that a few years back (in 2002 and 2003) the summer picnic was at Hopkinton State Park. I was so suprised--I went to those picnics, but never took note that or remembered that they were in Hopkinton. I mean, I was *just there* this weekend, and i *could have sworn* I had never been anywhere near there before (aside from the 20-miler 2 weeks ago). Funny how there are things in your past that you don't even notice! Like, little did I know that three years later I would be returning to that very spot, to begin a 26.2 mile run, along with 20,000 other people. :)

Also, today in Japanese class, the teacher was giving us Japanese sentences that we had to translate in English. The very last sentence she gave (before class was over) was "Natto ga kimoti ga warui kara, taberaremasen." Most people didn't know what natto was, so but I sure did....so i answered "Natto (a dish made from fermented soybeans) is unpleasant, so I can't eat it." :) What a coincidence...just a few days ago i just tried natto at Blue Fin (on accident, sort of since i didn't really know what it was), and I must say it is pretty nasty. :) Let's just say i'll never order natto ever again. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6