<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 12, 2006

13.5% (finished Part I) 

ok, so today i finished studying (and reviewing) the first 276 kanji in the Heisig book, which is Part 1. Woo-hoo! Pretty good, since i only started 2 weeks ago, and I went on vacation for ~5 days (no studying) somewhere in between.

anyway, i think James Heisig's method of remembering the kanji is excellent, it really works for me. Even though this is my 3rd year (6th semester) of taking Japanese, i had always found it extremely difficult in learning the kanji. In my classes we likely studied over 500 kanji, but i could honestly probabably only remember the meaing of about 300 of them, and of those i could probably only write 100 of them (i was a lot better at recognizing kanji than actually writing them down). But not anymore with this book! The book provides a really interesting way to remember the meaning of the kanji.

Anyway, my next short-term goals is that by next week (Sun 3/19) i do lessons 13-15 (an additional 76 kanji), making the total of reviewed kanji to 352. :) I would do more, but i think next week will be a busy week as i have a japanese exam and lots of reading assigments, plus i need to get to work on my thesis proposal.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6