<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 19, 2007

i've become a convert!! 

so this past weekend Joe and I were at the Cambridgeside Galleria and I said I wanted to go into the Apple Store. Thing is, after using my iPod nano that I got for Christmas (thanks Joe!) I actually started thinking that maybe Apple products were decent. ;-) Also after my Dell laptop was stolen last month I started browsing around for a possible new replacement and I came across reviews of the new Macbooks, which apparently were reviewed as pretty good and were decently priced as well. So I figured while we were at the mall I could check them out. Well we did, and to make a long story short, Joe bought me a Macbook!! :) It's the 13", white, and has 80 GB of disk space, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor... woo!!

Anyways, Joe was really surprised that I wanted a Mac, after all for the past 20 years or so (yes, that long!!) I have always been very anti-Mac, and here I am "crossing over to the dark side," as my Dad commented (he still is a pro-PC guy).

But anyways, so far the Macbook is pretty cool, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It took a lot of getting used to a new operating system and everything, but luckily Joe has a bit more Mac and UNIX experience so he was able to help me out.

So so far I think I've gotten most of my data files transferred, and I still have like 20 GB left. Crazy. It's so weird, my first year of college I bought a brand new desktop from Dell which was 133 MHz and had 850 MB of diskspace for about $2000. My Dad commented "that should be more than enough for whatever you need." LOL.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Campaign 1 - Banner 6